Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Return of the King

Been a bit too long, but I had my 21st birthday and final exams to deal with, so sod it.

I'm done with another semester of college, and in the past 24 hours, I've watched three episodes of News Radio, two of The Thick of It, the last episode of Entourage, and one episode of The Larry Sanders Show. I've also started reading The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright. This always happens when I come home--I consume a crazy amount of media. Probably because in that two to three week period before I start working for the summer, I get bored being home and by myself. At school, I can usually talk to one of my roommates or meet a friend for coffee(I also drink more coffee when I'm here). I don't mind it too much, as I've always been someone who is reading three books simultaneously and watching a tv show while I do it.

I also read more news online when I'm at home. So far today, I've read/browsed The New York Times, The New Republic, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, and The National Review. I am always a little bit surprised when I find myself reading The National Review, because every once in a while I think it's a good magazine, but most of the time I think it is hysterical. I imagine that is a fun place to observe as a fly on the wall, because the clash of one's world view with reality is a staggeringly sad thing to witness.

Not my best, but I'm getting back into the swing of it.

No comments: