Monday, August 29, 2005

A Room With a View

Last night was my first night in my new dorm, and I have to admit I'm rather pleased. Our apartment is large and in charge, affording us a huge common area, kitchen and bedrooms. But perhaps the best feature of my bedroom is the view. The entire north wall of the bedroom is windows, which means I have a view of the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, the Metlife Building, and 3 Park Avenue, where I was an intern for a corporate attorney years ago. At night, while laying down in bed, it is easy to get the impression that one is simply floating over the city, since all you can see is the midtown skyscrapers. I love it so far.

The only drawbacks to my first day at NYU have been the hellacious time waste that was setting up my computer for the internet, and the price of my economics and statistics textbooks. My roommate Matt supplied me with a hearwarming tale, one designed to lift the spirits, of a friend of his who had to spend $400 for a SINGLE chemistry book. Honestly, who needs to know chemistry that badly?

No comments: