Sunday, October 16, 2005

Yes , I did. Now get out of here!

Today in the library I was sitting in one of the group study rooms with my roommate Bryce. At NYU's library, the group study rooms on lower level II are the best places to study, because they have big tables, white boards, and are private rooms. The room seats about 8 people, and there were only three of us (my friend Raj was in attendance as well) in the room. As we sat, me studying for Economics and Bryce writing for his Varieties of Conservatism class, a girl comes into our room, unannounced I might add. It was disruptive and rude. The conversation went as follows:

Girl: Do you mind if I take a chair?
Bryce: No, go ahead.
Girl: (upset and indignant) Did you tell me to go away?
Bryce: (shocked and confused) Uh, no. I said, 'Go ahead.'
Girl: Oh. Ok.

The girl walks calmly out of the room, and Raj and I burst into hysterical laughter. This girl was actually willing to fight Bryce over a chair. In the library.

How utterly pathetic.

No comments: