Friday, September 01, 2006

Charlie Brooker is a hate-filled genius

One of my favorite news paper columnists is a British writer named Charlie Brooker. He writes for the newspaper The Guardian, and has previously hosted and written for radio and tv. He is also one of the meanest and most misanthropic writers I've ever seen. His work now mainly consists of television reviews and free form essays he composes on fanciful and not quite realistic topics. I love them. He writes with a sort of vengeful lyricism and is profane with a peerless elegance. I suggest you (and I speak now of the wasteland of souls and thesis papers that is the blogosphere) check out his work. There are also tons of his clips around which are fun as well.

This post was not one of my usual whinefests, but rather an attempt to share some things that amuse me. I will return to the rancor in short order.

No comments: