Saturday, November 04, 2006

Borat '08

I cannot say anything about Borat that hasn't already been said in any of the glowing reviews who are falling over themselves to say how great it is. I will say only this: I have been to hundreds of hilarious movies, but I have never been in a place where so many people have sustained so much laughter for so long. The theater of jaded downtown New Yorkers squealed with delight at the sheer absurdity of it all in a bizarre unison--it was an experience I will not soon forget. See this movie. Full title--Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

You should also listen to the song "Circus on the Moon" by Bruce Hornsby. I heard it on Pandora, and it's the kind of song that you should listen to it while walking alone on a brisk fall morning. You'll feel like you're in a TV show. A good one.

No comments: