Thursday, January 18, 2007

Never Mind The Why and Wherefore

I've been back at school for a few days now, and already my professors have this absurd notion that they can assign me reading to do. I had no idea they held such authority. I am researching the recourse I have to flatly refuse to do such work, but my guess would be that none exists.

After a streak of incredible, logic defying luck similar to that which explains the success of Sarah Jessica Parker, winter has arrived in Manhattan. We had it so good for so long, that when it made its presence felt on Tuesday, it was very much like getting smacked in the face by the icy hand of reality. To be fair, we were living in a fantasy world where a New York January involved 67 degree weather, ice cream vendors and flip flops. It was like living in Los Angeles; not something that anyone should find out they've done overnight. In a way, it is nice to see cold weather heralding the change of the seasons as it confirms that all is right with the world. But in another much larger and more real way it is not nice at all because we had very pleasant weather and now I'm living in frozen hellscape where my eyebrows freeze and are in danger of being broken off. It hardly seems fair.

And if that weren't enough, my kitchen cupboards are entirely bereft of tea. I've had to content myself with drinking water before writing this. That's no good for anyone. I'm a huge ponce, and I need tea before I sleep otherwise I feel like a poor person. Hoping against hope that I remember to pick some up tomorrow.

If you've defied my orders to watch the videos for Brothers in Arms, you've no excuse. The links are in the previous post. Watch them both, as they contextualize each other. Or some other word that makes sense in that sentence.

No comments: