Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Since I've moved into my new dorm, my roommate Bryce has had an incredibly positive impact on my diet. Bryce is from Los Angeles, and thus only eats organic vegetables and animals that agreed to be killed in the first place. He's very sensitive that way. Over the summer, my breakfast would very likely be 3 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats, a very delicious and sugary cereal whose name certainly overemphasizes the number of oats per bowl. These days, I start off with a bowl of GoLean cereal, from the Whole Foods in Union Square. GoLean consists of "crunchy fiber twigs, soy protein grahams and honey puffs." It has no processed sugar, but does use cane sugar. I then add some organic skim milk and munch away, content with the notion that my body welcomes some food that wasn't drowned in chemicals and high fructose corn syrup in Battle Creek, Michigan. Best of all, it doesn't taste half bad. It's good, and good for you.

You can't beat it with a crunchy fiber twig.

No comments: